Between 10th of March and 09th of April 2020, Terre des hommes Foundation Romania organized 11 webinars on topics related to Roma ethnicity, anti-discrimination and school performance, inclusive and interactive methods in educational contexts.
The 11 webinars were attended by 349 persons, out of whom 190 were unique participants. Over 100 of them come from 27 counties of Romania and the rest from Bucharest, 60 from rural and 130 from urban localities, 9 men and 181 women. The participants are teachers in kindergarten (11%), in primary and secondary schools (63%), in high schools (13%), but also school inspectors and NGOs’ representatives. They had the opportunity to listen to the short speeches of experts and to ask questions on topics of interest.
We had the privilege to be accompanied by prestigious experts (please find below the links to watch the webinars):
- PhD Delia GRIGORE, on the topic “Contemporary Rromani identity between Rromanipen and internalised stigmata” (18th and 20th of March);
- PhD Cristian PADURE, on the topic “The teacher’s contribution to pupils’ performance” (09th of April);
- Alina DUMITRU, (Training Coordinator – Tdh Romania, hosting the webinars) on the topic: “Discrimination in school” (24th of March);
- Dezideriu GERGELY, (expert teacher in human rights) on the topic “Discrimination in school” (26th of March);
- Dr. Mihaela COZARESCU, on the topic “The school-family fracture – cause of school dis-adaptation that leads to school drop-out” (31st of March, 02nd and 08th of April);
- Alina DUMITRU, (Training Coordinator – Tdh Romania, hosting the webinars) on the topic: “Inclusive and interactive methods in educational contexts” (07th of April).
(The webinars are part of a larger „Capacity building programme” that was meant to help teachers implement non- disruptive and non-discriminatory education for Roma pupils (The Programme comprised also one Training for 14 teachers and 16 Dissemination events in schools with the participation of 423 teachers at national level. For more details related to the topics above, please find here the Training support in Romanian used during the Training of Trainers organised in Bucharest on 09-11 of January 2020)
Following these webinars, the teachers indicated the necessity for a “Community of practice” formed by participants that could exchange best practices.